Hull Minster is thrilled to bring you the wonderful close harmony group of The King’s Men.
The choral group, which is made of the Choral Scholars of the Choir of King’s College, Cambridge, will perform a wide and diverse repertoire which ranges from 15th century church choral, through 18th century traditional English folk songs, to 20th century pop music. All of which are almost always arranged by members of the group.
As Choral Scholars they sing the daily routine of chapel services throughout term as well as undertaking a busy concert and recording schedule, often working with leading orchestras, including the Academy of Ancient Music, The Orchestra of the Age of Enlightenment and the Philharmonia. The Choir is most famous for the broadcasts of the Festival of Nine Lessons and Carols on BBC TV and Radio each Christmas, which reaches millions of people worldwide.
Café Trinity will be open before the performance and during the interval for freshly made cake and biscuits.
Date: Tues 11th July 2017
Tickets: £18 each
- Pastime with good company - Henry VIII
- Prayer of King Henry VI - Ley
- If Ye Love Me - Tallis
- Vigilate - Byrd
- Seigneur, Je vous en prie - Poulenc
- Ubi Caritas – Gjeilo
- Joshua fit de battle of Jericho - Spiritual arr. Roberts
- Loch Lomond - Traditional arr. Johns
- Drunken Sailor - Sea Shanty arr. Jenkins
- Scarborough Fair - Traditional arr. Roberts
- Dashing Away - Traditional arr. Roberts
- In the Bath - Flanders and Swann arr. Anon
- Misty - Garner arr. Johns
- Isn’t She Lovely - Stevie Wonder arr. Bradford
- What a Wonderful World - Douglas/Weiss arr. Anon
- Dream a Little Dream - Andre/Schwandt arr. Johns
- Postman Pat - Daly arr. Anon
- I Carry Your Heart - Toby Young (original)
- Everything - Michael Bublé arr. Recknell
- Man in the Mirror - Michael Jackson arr. Recknell
- Don’t Stop Believin’ - Journey arr. Goble