In the heart of Hull's Old Town, Holy Trinity Church has a thriving local community base. We run activities and clubs for local people, encouraging them to participate in social activity and volunteering.
We help them to meet new people, overcome social difficulties and take part in meaningful activity which boosts their confidence, improves their quality of life and offers them the opportunity to gain life and job skills. Our groups are open to people of all ages, all faiths and all abilities.
The development project will provide upgraded facilities enabling us to improve the frequency, quality and extent of current activities, increasing the number of participants and the range of skills available for our them to take part in. These may be related to heritage education, life skills such as cookery, flower arranging and woodwork, and social activities such as books and games club.
Our work will deliver better access, better toilets, the ability to prepare simple food and drinks, a place for volunteers and visitors to keep their belongings secure and a resting places to have clubs, meetings and social activities.
The specific benefits to our community and volunteering groups are:-
Visitor centre / shop
- An increased number of volunteering opportunities
Flexible meeting / teaching room
- New multimedia and space allows for a quality teaching environment for all visitors
Reordering of the nave
- More space will enable us to increase the capacity of, for example, our HT Lunch, lunchtime concert and men's night programmes
- The open space will enable visitors and organisations, particularly those with mobility needs, to access the church
- We hope to engage with all sectors of society through the provision of free art, culture and heritage exhibitions and events
- Installation of a universally accessible toilet (DDA compliant)
- Child and baby changing facilities
- Informal base for programmes
- Income generated from cafe, and other activities, will increase our ability to contribute towards charities and various reliefs
- Café provides a valuable meeting place for community groups and individuals
- Provides further volunteering opportunities to fulfill social engagements and learning goals
- Helps volunteers develop job skills and life skills
- Creates work experience opportunities
- Provides the facilities to cook for our HT Lunch programme
- Provides ongoing catering to all visitors
Reordered church yard
- Expand the Nite Church programme which provides for 'clubbers' who need to chill out or slow down the pace a little